"As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him. " John 9:1-2

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Two are better than one...

"Two are better than one... for if they fall, one will lift up the other." Ecclesiastes 4:9-10


I often tell special parents that no matter what their child's diagnosis is or isn't called--the feelings are all the same. Even if your child has a few delays that need worked on & they will catch up--we all share the same emotions.


I have been very fortunate over the years to have been blessed to meet many, many special parents. I'm in awe of the fact that some of them contact me with questions, or just to talk after years have gone by--but because of the special bond we share, no matter how many days, weeks, or months that have gone by, we can pick up right where we left off.


I was pleasantly surprised when one of those amazing Mom's called me yesterday for my opinion on some things she's dealing with in regard's to her son's needs at school--even though I did not have any solutions, she said it made her feel good that she had someone to vent to, and that would verify her valid concerns. And in turn, she asked how my daughter was doing, and we shared our experiences, and even though her son's diagnosis is very different from my daughter's, we understood each other.


And if you know anything about special parenthood, sometimes you just need someone that understands you--it could make or break you on a bad day...


So, my prayer today is that if you haven't already, get connected with other special parents--through your community, on-line, etc...



You will have better good days if you have someone to share your bad days with.




~Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment