"As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him. " John 9:1-2

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Angel on Earth

There are  many special Moms that go beyond the word "special." I don't have a specific word to describe these women. They do what the rest of us do...but they take their gift to another level. They truly are gifted, they truly are the Chosen.

I have the privilege of knowing one such Mom very well. My friend, Jeannie, is the mother of Chloe. Chloe is a person with spina bifida, and more recently has had many health issues in addition to her everyday challenges. She has spent most of the past year in the hospitalized from many surgeries and complications...with her mom right by her side--doing what she needed to do to be strong for her baby girl.

Last week, at the age of twelve, Chloe went to be with the Lord. Her little body couldn't handle the stress of it all, and she received her angel wings.

She is now singing and dancing with her fellow angels--free of Drs., surgeries, medications, and movement limitations.  She is an angel now but was truly an angel when she was here on earth. She made everyone smile and she lit up every room she entered.

My prayer this week is that you will notice the angels in your daily life. You may not realize how they effect your life on a larger scale...because they are around you daily, and their gift may not shout out to you in big neon colors.

But they are there.

Because of Chloe, I am making a conscious decision to not take the angels in my life for granted. I know they come in forms of my beautiful, amazing  friends, sisters, family, and, of course, my children and husband. I am very blessed and have made a commitment to thank them and be grateful for them.

They will all get their wings one day, too. So I will enjoy them and recognize their impact on my life.

I know Jeannie recognized the amazing light of hope, love, and strength Chloe was to her each and every day even through her hardest days.

Please pray for this beautiful family.

While Chloe was hospitalized, her friends, appropriately named, "Chloe's Angels" created a fund to help the family offset the cost of her medical expenses, and to help with funeral costs.

You can find the site here: http://www.gofundme.com/88al0g




This is Chloe and I at a challenger baseball game...she was shining her smile on me that day, and I will be forever grateful for this moment.

Thank you, sweet Chloe for being an angel to so many. 

~Maria



















2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful soul, Maria! To know Chloe was to love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Beautiful Tribute to Chloe...

    ReplyDelete